Monday, June 8, 2009

What's In Your Attitude?


Well as you can see by my last post it has been a long time since I have been on here. It's not that I haven't wanted to but so much has been running through my head I just had problems sorting them all out.


First: I want to say that I have a BIG GOD! He has shown me in so many ways just how big he is.


Second: Our church has been doing a series of messages focusing on "Fields of dreams". The series is a baseball theme with every speaker getting to show off their favorite team. The messages were all different. Lori talked about sitting on the bench, Gayle spoke about how everyone has a different position to play, and Keith spoke about different times during the season.


I was asked to be the final speaker for the series. My sermon was on Attitude. I actually started off writing on a different subject but over the past six months God started dealing with me about my attitude. It Stank! There were so many days that I had a stinky attitude and it affected everything I did and everyone around me. God showed me through His word how our attitude should be.

Philippians 2:5 (New International Version)
"Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus"


Wow, that says it all! My attitude wasn't like His and I needed to change it.


So here are the main highlights of my sermon:


Bad Attitudes

Eve - Arrogant

The Spies sent to check out the promised land - Defeatist

Moses - Hostile and Rebellious


Good Attitudes

Joseph - Forgiving and Kind

Esther - Bold, Confident, and Humble

Ruth - Faithful


This is one of my favorite scriptures and I used this last night...


Philippians 2:2-4 (The Message)

1-4 If you've gotten anything at all out of following Christ, if his love has made any difference in your life, if being in a community of the Spirit means anything to you, if you have a heart, if you care— then do me a favor: Agree with each other, love each other, be deep-spirited friends. Don't push your way to the front; don't sweet-talk your way to the top. Put yourself aside, and help others get ahead. Don't be obsessed with getting your own advantage. Forget yourselves long enough to lend a helping hand.


We have the hope that people need. The hope that Christ offers and we need to share that hope without sharing our bad attitudes.


So, What's in your attitude?

0 comments: